Brief Description : Indian Coast Guard invites Online application for the post of Navik (General Duty).
Those Candidate Are Interested and meets the eligibility criteria can apply for it.
Post Date : 24 Jan 2020
Post Update Date : #
Application Start Date: 26 Jan 2020
Last Date to Apply Online : 02 Feb 2020
Exam Fee Payment Last Date: 02 Feb 2020
Re Open Online Form: #
Examination Date : Feb/Mar 2020
Admit Card Available : 15 Feb 2020
General / OBC/ EWS : 0/-
SC/ ST/ PWD : 0/-
Note – Candidate can pay the exam fee through online (debit card / credit card / net banking / etc.) or can pay the exam fee through offline e-Challan.
Age Limit as on #
Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. born between 01 Aug 1998 to 31 Jul 2002 (both dates inclusive)
Age Relaxation Extra as per Rules. Read the Notification for Age Relaxation.
Vacancy Details : Total – 260 Post
The ‘Online’ applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Feb-Mar 2020.
The Selection procedure is as follows according to Indian Coast Guard :-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, Basic Chemistry, Knowledge of English upto 12th standard, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the testing procedure will take about 2 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc).
- The PFT consists of:- (i)1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii)20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak). (iii)10 Push up.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies.
- The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jul 2020.
For more about Selection Process read the notification.